Год выпуска: 1994
Автор: Keith Hardling, Paul Henderson
Жанр: Busness Language
Издательство: Oxford University Press
ISBN:0 19 451308 1; 0 19 451307 6
Качество: Отсканированные страницы
A course which develops all-round competence in English.
How can it be used?
* For short, intensive courses.
* For use with less intensive classes held once or twice a week.
Who is it for?
* Trainees and employees in the hotel and tourist industry who need English both to communicate with guests and to negotiate with English speakers.
* There are 12 free-standing units which cover a range of important topics, such as: Types of accommodation; Dealing with complaints; The business traveller.
* Each unit contains a balanced variety of listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities. A Language study section in each unit concentrates on the language structures that occur frequently in the context of hotel work.
* The reading and listening materials are authentic wherever possible and have been put together with the co-operation of a number of hotel chains, independent hotels, and tour operators. The text types vary from formal letters to computerized bills and rooming lists.
* Key vocabulary is introduced in context through the reading and listening passages, and is developed in Word study sections. The Vocabulary section at the end of each unit consists of a monolingual glossary of important words and expressions.
* 12 topic-based units
* transcripts of all the listening passages
* glossary of key words and expressions
* comprehensive teaching notes
* answer key
* ideas for adapting and extending activities
* suggestions for project work
This is a list of topics covered in each unit. The full Contents in the Student's Book also gives a unit-by-unit breakdown of what is covered in the following areas: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Language study, Word study, and Activities.
1 Types of accommodation
2 Hotel facilities
3 Staffing and internal organization
4 Reservations and check-in
5 Hotel and restaurant services
6 Money matters
7 Dealing with complaints
8 Off-site services
9 The business traveller
11 Tour operation: planning
12 Tour operation: execution
ссылка - http://rutracker.org...c.php?t=2114229